Tests for evaluating sales managers
Have you been looking for a sales manager, specialist in the commercial department, or a sales representative for a long time? You know what professional and personal qualities a good salesperson should have, but you don’t know how to check it? Want to learn about the competence of your company employees? Are you planning staff training to increase sales?
Search, selection of candidates, testing of knowledge of working managers is not an easy task for a business owner and hr specialists. Indeed, in each niche of trade - its own nuances. For example, in b2c and b2c, not only the products themselves are different, but also the sales models. Therefore, standard tests will not help to fully evaluate the professional skills of the seller, they will not help to identify errors in the work and they will not tell you how to fix them.
Marketing mix specialists organize various types of testing: from interviews during interviews to complex business games.
Which qualities and skills a successful sales manager has
If speaking in general, a person who does trade is needed:
- Perseverance. This feature is necessary in order to be able to warm up the interest of the buyer, and not just answer questions;
- Representativeness: presentable appearance and ability to speak;
- Sociability, ability to make new acquaintances;
- Honesty, since the client is unlikely to trust a person who provides information that is different from that presented on the official website of the company;
- Education, competent speech;
- Ability to cope with a number of tasks at the same time;
- Sense of humor, ability to repay conflict.
In addition to personal qualities, the specialist must have knowledge about:
- Product company;
- Target audience;
- Supplier competitive advantage;
- Sales technique.
No less important are the skills of negotiating, removing objections, the ability to make the right impression about the client, the presence of motivation.
Most common errors when testing:
- Using random tests found on the network;
- Aimless use of psychological tests that have nothing to do with the desired results;
- Delegation of testing to eychars whose activities are not related to sales.
What manager testing methods exist
- Theoretical tests.
- Tests for motivation, creativity, communicative tolerance.
- Situational, psychological testing.
- Group selection when hiring staff.
- Business games.
Marketing mix experts will help you organize testing that matches your business goals and niche features. We will conduct professional examinations of candidates for the position of seller and working specialists. We will provide a report based on the results. The price is discussed individually and depends on the complexity of the procedure, the number of people.
To discuss the details of cooperation, call us or request a call back.